Had unprotected sex. P24 antigen duo test and DNA PCR test showed negative. Risk for HIV?

I had a protected vaginal sex but unprotected insertive fellatio on 3rd March 2013 . Went for P24 antigen duo test and DNA PCR test on 11th March 2013 and 19th March 2013 and all 4 tests turned out to be negative
Q1 . Please let me know the risk of getting hiv taking into consideration my exposure
Q2 . Wether the tests are conclusive of my negative status.
Q3. Do i need to take any more tests. If yes at what time frame and which test
Q4. Can u refer me any doctor in kolkata if any consultation is at required
Posted Sat, 27 Apr 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 hours later

Since it was vaginal sex was protected the chances of HIV is very low and you are not concerned about it.

Let me answer your queries directly.

1) The risk of getting HIV in an unprotected insertive fellatio is virtually non existant. It is not yet proved that HIV transmission has ever occurred via this route if one partner has HIV.

2) You are near the answer for this question since the HIV transmission was never proved. yes the tests are conclusive.

3) No need

4) I would suggest you speak to an AIDS / Sexual Disease Specialist / Venereologist in person to explain you diagrammatically.

Hope this helps.

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. P24 antigen duo test and DNA PCR test showed negative. Risk for HIV? 3 hours later
Thanx Doc for your kind reply . I cherished to have valuable input from you .

I have refrained from having any kind of sex with my wife since exposure . Can i continue my normal life and have unprotected sex with my wife since u have mentioned the tests are conclusive .

I have had lot of stress , guilt , fear and i some how kept my performance level in my work life as i have a aspiring career and at any cost i would not want to go that for a toss . This was my 1st time i got indulged in any extramarital sexual activity and i dont no how that happened . I swear to god that i will not get into such pissed out activities
Taking your advise as i am entirely risk free , may i go on without any anxiety and stress in my work and home life
Your comments are really comforting . As you have already mentioned , but just to reteriate , is there no requirement for any further tests for confirmation of my negative status . One Manager from SRL RELIGARE ( from where i took the tests ) also told me that no further test are required .
Looking forward to your valuable inputs
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 12 hours later
Drive away guilt, fear from you. You are free now.

Enjoy your personal and sexual life as you had started. Reset all your past wrong doings, you had come out clean on tests. You should have more energy left within you and this world is yours and lot to achieve in your professional life.

This time you are saved but not everytime. No more tests, go on a holiday with your wife and come back fresh.

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. P24 antigen duo test and DNA PCR test showed negative. Risk for HIV? 35 hours later
Dear Sir , Thanx for the comforting reply . would like to share that i have been nominated for an performance award in my organisation in the annual award ceremony

Though u hav already mentioned that there was no need for an test , but as i was already chedule Today , ie on the 33rd day of exposure i had gone for HIV 1 and 2 antibody and P24 ANTIGEN DUO test . The results were negative . I hope now i stand clean................

As u have already mentioned , i have also taken an oath an swear not to get into any extramarital sexual contacts which i have already mentioned.

Desire to XXXXXXX you in person , sometime at your office place . Please provide me the address so that i can XXXXXXX u when i travel to that location.

As this would be my last question to u for this session , request ur goodself to provide further input helpful to myself and can help others with the information

Thanking you in advance for your support and advice
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 23 hours later

Congratulations on your achievement at professional level.

I confirm you are clean now. You can XXXXXXX me in Bangalore. You can write to me before you wanted to XXXXXXX me. We can fix an appointment to XXXXXXX

Your oath will save you.

All the best in life.