Had unprotected sex. Opening of urethra is sore with white bump. Cut on lips, itches and elevated. STD?

Mar 2016

I have been with 2 men in 1 year. One more consistent than the other (both unprotected). My last sexual encounter was 2 months ago. The opening on my urethra has been quite sore these past few days (had a white bump yesterday). My main concern is that I have one open cut (smaller than a pea, round, clean cut) on one of my "lips." Its been there for 3 days now. It slightly iches and is elevated and hard, no discharge. I've had this before and kind of by-pasted it. This one is more prominent and hurts. I also use feminine wipes & wonder if that plays a role. I'm nervous that I have herpes or another form of STD. I'm pretty freaked out about this, so any information you can provide the better. Thanks!
Posted Mon, 23 Sep 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Boils or Ingrown hair. Take proper antibiotic.

Detailed Answer:

From your given history, it is mostly suggestive of bacterial infection in association with boils or ingrown hair. Open cut may be due to friction of underwear or contact with chemical subs/ soap/ other bath products.

Genital herpes or STD is mostly associated with recent sexual encounter. Next, lesion of genital herpes is extremely painful, vesicle type and multiple in number. STD is more commonly associated with abnormal vaginal discharge, painful urination and other associated symptoms. Your H/O sexual encounter 2 months ago does not signify them much.

Here, I suggest to consult with venereologist for clinical examination & regional lymph node assessment. Relevant investigations like complete STD panel, antibody test for HSV 1 & 2 etc can be done to confirm the diagnosis and clear confusion.

Proper antibiotic treatment and anti-bacterial ointment like bacitracin is very much helpful to eliminate this type of problem. Local hot compression and sitz bath with Epsom salt are quite helpful to reduce pain and heal of the lesion.

Maintain genital hygiene properly. Avoid sexual intercourse till the problem is resolved completely.

Hope, it helps for you. Let me know, if you need any clarification.

Wish your good health. Take care yourself.

Dr Soumen