Had unprotected sex. Noticed yellowish discharge from penis and redness on testicle. What's wrong?

Excellent

Question
Hi, I Recently had unprotected Sex with a Female, A few days later I have yellow/ XXXXXXX colored discharge from My penis that is leaking all over my genitals, causing irratation and redness to my testicles. I went to My urologist who put me on 100 MG of doxycycle since this past monday, The discharge is so bad that by testicles burning from the Puss and have even started to bleed and are very Red. I have also noticed that there is some white looking lesions around the forskin of the Penis near the tip, I have also taken a gram azithromycin, 2 days, ago, I am waiting for the culture to see exactly what the std it is. What commen std does this sound Like, and How Long usually providing the antibiotics is working will The Puss leakage stop, and what could those white lesions around the forskin tip, be ? Maybe irritation from the puss or a secondery issue, Also There is burning during urination, Thanks
Posted Tue, 5 Mar 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 13 minutes later
its a an STI, It sounds like Trichomonas Vaginalis, a common known STI. However, most of the time , these infections are mix. A urethral swab, culture and sensitivity tests are the ideal thing to do. Taking anti biotics here and there is not the right thing to do. the fear is if inapropriate or non sensitive antibiotics to the particular germ are taken inappropriately or in insufficient doses, the implicated germs might cause resistance.
The advice is visit you family physician to collect samples. When samples are collected, a standard anti biotic recommended protocol like an Injection of 250mg, IM of ceftriazone ca be done and continuation of Doxycycline for 10 days, as you await the results of the culture and sensitivity tests. In the meantime, its advisable to advise unprotected sex. Convincing your partner to get a consultation could also be a great idea. Screening for HIV is usually a sensible option too.
Thanks as I hope this helps and best regards,
Luchuo, Feel free asking any further questions if need be.

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Noticed yellowish discharge from penis and redness on testicle. What's wrong? 14 minutes later
I read that metronidazole either in a single or divided doses treats that, Which I have on hand, But My last questiion was what would the white lesions around the forskin tip possibly be, Would it be from the Puss or something else alltogether Thanks My doctor said it didnt look like herpes, or chanoid, Thanks

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 4 minutes later
Metronidazole effectively is used in treating bit. However , many resistant strains to metronidazole have been noted recently. Reason why a swab, culture and sensitivity test specimens should be collected before your physician places you on a probabilistic regimen.
Its only the specimens have been collected that the usually used drugs be prescribed. This shall avoid increasing the risk of causing resistance.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Noticed yellowish discharge from penis and redness on testicle. What's wrong? 1 minute later
And Idea what the white Lesions May be around The border of the forskin?

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 5 minutes later
Friction on its own could cause these lesions. Bacterial infection or fungal infection could generally be implicated. However, the most common cause of such lesions around the penis is Human Genital Herpes virus infections. These are simple to differentiate during a physical examination. This is the reason I would suggest you revisit your physician to reexamine you appropriately, prescribe an appropriate probabilistic treatment as you await the results of the laboratory findings. generally, Crftriazone, Doxycycline. Metronidazole of Tinidazole and Lovir tablets and creams could be appropriate, but only after appropriate samples have been removed and sent for laboratory analysis.
Thanks and best regards as I hope this helps,
Luchuo, MD.