Had unprotected sex. Noticed redness on one side of the urethra. Is this STD?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Dec 2012
Dec 2012

Question
Hi. I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend few days ago. Just today i noticed my urethra on one side of the wall it has a reddish bump. I got paranoid if it is an STD infection or it is just a common thing to have. We are very very active. I do not feel any burning sensation when i pee. Everything feels normal, it is just tht reddish bump paranoids me much.
Posted Wed, 30 Oct 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Would have loved to see

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

Usually when you present with a reddish bump or lesion around your genitalia it is often related to an infection which might not necessarily be an STD but might be predisposed by sexual intercourse. Having a reddish lesion at the external os of your urethra is not something common and merits closer investigation. It could be herpes or another type of infection. Please do send me a picture so I may have look and be able to tell exactly what that may be.
Also there is no reason to be paranoid and just stay calm. No matte the situation it is acute and can be remedied.

Looking to hear from you so I can provide you with further assistance.
Dr. Nsah

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Noticed redness on one side of the urethra. Is this STD? 4 hours later
It looks like an ulcer now in my urethra.

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
You will need to get screened for STDs

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for updating,

I think you will need to get screened for an STD. If it looks like an ulcer then it is likely an STD and you need to see a doctor for laboratory tests.

Wish you the best and happy recovery.
Dr. Nsah

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Noticed redness on one side of the urethra. Is this STD? 5 minutes later
Did u receive the attached photo i sent? I attached it already but im not sure if you received it or not. I will attach it again.

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes I did receive.

Detailed Answer:
Sorry I did not comment earlier. It is clearly a lesion with infectious origin but we shall be unsure of what it is until you do a urethral swap. Broad spectrum antibiotics such as ciproflocaxin can handle that but personally I prefer to screen you for STDs so as to determine the specific cause. A urethral swap can help identify other germs. You maybe suffering from a non-gonococcal urethritis (NGU) and you will need antibiotics.
It does not look like herpes to me.
To be sure, you need laboratory tests.

Dr. Nsah

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Noticed redness on one side of the urethra. Is this STD? 3 hours later
Alright. Thank you so much Dr XXXXXXX for your reply and attention. I will have my visit to the doctor for the swap.

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
Your welcome

Detailed Answer:
Wish you the best.

Dr. Nsah