Ask a Urologist   »  

Had unprotected sex. Noticed red spots on penis head. What could be this?

Question
Hi, about a week ago I had unprotected sex with a girl I have been with before, and a day or two later I noticed these little red spot like things on the head and behind my foreskin when pulled back they don't hurt or itch but leave smegma on my penis. Iv never really had smegma till now. Thanks
Posted Thu, 2 Aug 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 22 minutes later
Dear XXXXXX

The most common cause of cause of such spots is usually yeast infection/allergic reaction. Smegma is normal phenomenon and sometimes the rate of production can increase if there is any associated infection. So dont orry about the smegma.

You would need to get treatment for the red spots.

Use ointment containing micanozole with fluocinolone for 3 days. That should take care of the spots.

Also, avoid further sexual exposure for next few days.

Do get back if you need any further information.

Sincerely,

Dr Kiran