Had unprotected sex. Noticed painful bump after shaving. How to remove this?

Mar 2013
I had unprotected sex about 5 days ago shaved again noticed I had some very painful bumps with a whitish, yellowish center I do not think they look anything like blisters I do have a appointment Monday I looked at pictures online they look more like a boil?
Posted Tue, 14 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 58 minutes later
I had a look at the pictures attached.
To me, they look like boils.
They could be caused by infected hair follicles ( folliculitis ).
It is common after shaving sometimes.
They do not look like blisters at all.
However, since you have had unprotected sex, it is a wise move to have screening for STDs when you have the appointment on Monday.
For the time being, avoid shaving, touching or rubbing the affected area.
Do not use tampons, condoms, medicated or perfumed gels , douches, cleansers etc.
Wear allergen free cotton undergarments.
Avoid formation of excessive moisture or dampness in the affected area.
After confirmation of the diagnosis by a Gynecologist, you would mostly require antibiotic coverage for the lesions.

Take care, and feel free to discuss further.

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Noticed painful bump after shaving. How to remove this? 9 hours later
I started my period what should I use? How can I use a pad if I should be keeping it dry?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Well, use a tampon right now since the lesions are on the outside.
But make sure you change it regularly, and that there is no soakage on the outside.