Had unprotected sex. Noticed itchy rashes. Applying cortisone. Any suggestions?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Upon returning from a trip to NYC I noticed the attached rash/scratches. It has been slightly itchy but my overall health is fine. Compounding factors, received unprotected oral which has truly scared me (genitals themselves look normal) I also took an extremely hot shower and scrubbed with lots of hotel soaps after that event. O also had run run 30 blocks while sweating profusely wearing tight jeans and cotton briefs. I'm hoping to ease my mind of herpes or STDs by having the pictures analyzed. This all occurred about occurred about one week ago. I have been applying cortisone to the area and it doesn't seem to be getting any worse. It's persisted for about 3-4 days. Please Help.
Posted Tue, 30 Oct 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 8 hours later
I am sorry there are no pictures attached to the query. A good close up picture will be very much appreciated. You may attach a pic using the "upload your reports" feature on the query page-right hand side.
STD’s including Herpes,HIV etc usually present with many symptoms chief ones being lump,any discharge, burning sensation in urethra, redness, irritation, ulcer or sore, pain or blood during ejaculation, pain in the genitalia or early flu like symptoms.
If there are no such constitutional symptoms, then an STD is unlikely.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.