Had unprotected sex. No ejaculation, took unwanted 72. Also took cetrizne for throat infection.

Question
I had an unprotected sex with my girlfriend. I didn't ejaculated inside her. For safety she took an unwanted 72 pill within 30 hrs. Due to throat infection she took cetrizne tablet 2 hours after taking unwanted 72 pill,resulting in vomiting.Her last period was on 21 XXXXXXX Please advise over the probability of pregnancy and if pregnancy happens, what are the safe steps for early abortions.
Posted Mon, 29 Jul 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 9 hours later
Hi, XXXXXXX

Thanks for posting query.

Unwanted 72 taken within 72 hours of unprotected sex prevents pregnancies. Since you had unprotected sex during her fertile period and then took unwanted 72 within the proper time, there is least possibility of having period.

Though she had vomiting after 2 hours, this tablet might have absorbed from stomach so its efficacy is sure.

In spite of this, if she misses her period, I would recommend her to go for pregnancy test after 7-8 days passed of her period, to rule out pregnancy. If by chance test is positive consult Gynaecologist and attempt for medical termination. No process of medical abortion is safe unless done by trained expert.

Hope, I answered your query with your satisfaction. If you have further query or clarification, please write back.

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. No ejaculation, took unwanted 72. Also took cetrizne for throat infection. 14 hours later
What is the probability of getting her pregnant. What are the side effects and symptoms of taking unwanted 72.
What would be its effect on her period cycle..

Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 8 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for posting query again.

As she has taken tablet in time there is practically no chance of having pregnancy.
As this is female hormone tablet it has no side effects but if taken often, it can create hormonal imbalance and may cause problem in cycle.

At present due to unwanted 72, there might be more bleeding.

I hope, I answered your query.

If you do not have further clarification, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Ok and take care.

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. No ejaculation, took unwanted 72. Also took cetrizne for throat infection. 36 hours later
She has a feeling of some discharge from her body. But its not blood which generally occurs after having Unwanted 72. its been 5 days but still she had not bleed yet.

Please advice..

Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 1 hour later
Hi, XXXXXXX
Now as she is having some discharge, wait for a day or two, she may start bleeding.
This might be a sign of having her bleeding.
If there is no bleeding within 2-3 days go for pregnancy test.
I hope, I have given possible answer in this situation.
If you do not have any clarification, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Ok and take care.