Had unprotected sex. Missing periods, feeling cramps and hungry. PG test negative. What's wrong?

Question
pregnant? I recently had unprotected sex Friday and sat Sept 14-15 and my period is late. I am feeling cramps and hungry like crazy. I font think I am pregnant because o took a pregnancy test today and it was negative. please let me know what's wrong?
Posted Sun, 14 Oct 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

I would like to know some more details on your problem so that I can be specific in my advice.

When was your last menstrual period ?
How long are your cycles and how regular are they ?
When did you take your pregnancy test ?
Do you have any symptoms other than cramps and increased appetite ?

Waiting for your response,

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Missing periods, feeling cramps and hungry. PG test negative. What's wrong? 10 minutes later
honestly I don't remember. my period Is irregular but its never skipped a month. I am feeling tired, cramps, spotting happened only once, headaches. I room one today like 3 hours ago.

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 10 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.

The symptoms you have could be seen in hormonal imbalance.This commonly happens in women with irregular periods to set the periods in track.Such a skipping of the period restarts the cycle with new duration and often regular.

There is no need to worry , if the pregnancy test has shown negative.Also the hormonal imbalance needs no treatment.It corrects by itself and you will start to have normal cycles.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Missing periods, feeling cramps and hungry. PG test negative. What's wrong? 7 minutes later
I think this will be the second month without getting my period. is that normal? and what about the unprotected sex? I'm not worried about being pregnant. I just wanted to know what's going on with my body. we tried getting pregnant a few times but I think something is wrong.

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 11 minutes later

Yes, a 2 month loss of period can happen in hormonal imbalance getting corrected.Since the pregnancy test came negative then there is no need to worry about the unprotected intercourse.

Do consult a gynaecologist who can examine you and ascertain the fact.

Wish you good health.