Had unprotected sex. Missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. Worrisome

Question
Dr. I had unprotected sex on 25 of last month. I have taken 2 tests both are negative. I had registrone for 3 days but no periods even after 10 days.. I used to take it due to pcods and it always worked.. not now.please help. Last period on 20th Aug. Ended on 10th September.
Posted Mon, 12 Nov 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 22 minutes later
Since the two pregnancy tests are negative, pregnancy is not likely. Still, to confirm it, you can get your serum beta HCG levels evaluated.
If the test comes negative and you have already taken regesterone, then you need to take oral contraceptives for 21 days under the guidance of your gynecologist after which your periods are likely to bercome regular. The delay in periods seems to be due to hormonal imbalance caused by PCOD.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. Worrisome 6 minutes later
I was taking XXXXXXX but stopped it due to mood swings. Is registrone not working as I took XXXXXXX for 2 cycles.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Taking a home test will not hgelp. You can get bthe serum beta HCG levels evaluated from a laboratory.
The periods that are overdue may not be related to taking XXXXXXX for two cycles earlier as the effect of these contraceptives is fully reversible and subsides after stopping the pills.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. Worrisome 3 hours later
You suggesting to get the tests done first and if result is negative then do I start taking XXXXXXX again to get periods?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 24 hours later
Yes. It is best to get your serum beta HCG evaluated first so that pregnancy is completely ruled out.
After that you can start with XXXXXXX after consulting your gynecologist.
Regards.