Had unprotected sex. Missed periods. Am I pregnant?

Excellent
Question
hi... September 19th last month was my last period date and intercourse done on 19th, 20th and 21st.. and in frequency of 2 days per week tehre after.. My normal period date is 15th of every mobth... This month October still i didnt have periods till today.. ovulate test yday showed nothing...am i pregnant?....

Normally how many days after intercourse pregnancy will be confirmed...
XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 10 Nov 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
you could be pregnant.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX As you had unprotected intercourse, its very likely that you might be pregnant. As you are already past-dates by 7 days, you need to repeat the urine pregnancy test after 3 days, if it is negative you can be given progesterone tablets for withdrawal bleeding. Sometimes STRESS of becoming pregnant can cause delay in periods. So kindly do not take any stress.

Normally how many days after intercourse pregnancy will be confirmed?----it depends on the day of conception, once there is fertilization, beta-HCG will take 10 days after implantation to increase and to be detected in serum/urine.

Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Missed periods. Am I pregnant? 39 minutes later
hi

1. Actually my normal date is 25th of every month... Last month i had on 15th(Thought due to marriage pressure ( marriage happened on 11th))... this month it is delayed till today against normal day of 25th or last month date of 15th... So above explanation still holds true?...

2. Also if pregnancy is confirmed in 3 days, how many days the baby would have grown or approximately when will be due date?

Thanks for the answers
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
kindly repeat urine pregnancy test after 3 days.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
I apologize for the late response; I was away from my computer due to unavoidable reasons.
Coming back to your question,
1) Considering the irregularity of cycle the above answer still holds good , as you have missed your periods, first thing to be ruled out is Pregnancy.
As I already advised, you need to repeat the Urine pregnancy test after 3 days, if it is negative you can take progesterone tablets for withdrawal bleeding after consulting your doctor.
2) In your case it is difficult to predict the foetal age from your last menstrual date due to irregularity of cycle. Once the UPT comes positive, then a scan be done to know the exact gestational age.

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Missed periods. Am I pregnant? 26 minutes later
hi

Thanks for the answer. Last question.

So pregnancy is completely ruled out or depends on the Test..
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Pregnancy depends on the test.

Detailed Answer:
hi XXXXXXX
Pregnancy depends on the test, it is not completely ruled out.
All the best,
Arif