Had unprotected sex. Itchy discharge from penis and itch in armpits. Std and yeast infection test negative.

Question
I have been getting an itchy discharge from penis and an itch in my armpits. I cannot retract my foreskin and had unprotected sex at the start of april. I have been tested for std and yeast infection but all negative. thrush treatment seems to work but comes back after 1/2 weeks.
please get back to me asap as I feel very alone as I am in a culture where this is frowned upon.
Posted Sat, 26 Oct 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Reevaluation and appropriate treatment needed.

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

A past history of unprotected sex offers the possibility of a sexually transmitted infection very likely.

An itchy discharge/urethral swab from the penis requires a careful and in depth evaluation. I suggest a sample of the discharge should be collected for a direct examination, culture and sensitivity tests. This shall help in identifying the germs causing the infection, and the possible drugs that will treat this particular infection. taking drugs without such testing could lead in using inappropriate drugs and possibilities of resistance and failure to treat.

It should be important to get retested for syphillis, Chlamdyia and mycoplasma, very common sexually transmitted infections. An HIV test is a routine test advisable also under such circumstances.

A careful examination of the foreskin could be necessary. If it is actually a fungal or yeast infection from physical and culture results, appropriate treatment could be made. Treatment failure might have been obtained in your case because of the use of an inappropriate drug, resistance of the yeast to the drug used or use of the drug for a shorter than normal duration.

I would advise you get consulted and have these tests done. Treatment under these circumstances should not go under 21 days. Having protected sex and treatment of the sexual partner is also advisable.

Feel free asking follow up questions in case you have specific concerns. Thanks and kind regards. I will be happy answering any follow up questions.

Kind regards. Bain LE, MD

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Itchy discharge from penis and itch in armpits. Std and yeast infection test negative. 24 minutes later
as I have had tests already for all these is it likely to be these problems?

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are right.

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

It is very likely.

It is true you have been taking drugs, I would suggest your primary care physician reevaluates the treatment, and prescribed the drugs for a longer duration. It might necessary to continue with protected intercourse and and also treat your sexual partner.

Kind regards.

Bain LE,MD.