Had unprotected sex. Itchy bumps appeared. Tested weakly positive for IgM. Shaving infection?

I recently had unprotected sex with a new partner. She said she had been tested and was clean. I shaved my pubic area and had sex. A few days later I started to itch I thought this was razor rash since i only got a few bumps all in the hairline that was newly shaved. They looked like 3-4 pimples/a little blister like. Then i got a swollen lymph node. I went to a doctor and he said it was an infection and gave me antibotics. This started to help the lymp node right away I believe, and it was gone within a few days. I scratched the area so I didn't know if I created a cut or not. I went to another doctor a few days later and she said the same as the first but I asked for testing. My IGG came back 0.2 negative and a few days latter IGM came back 3.42 HI weakly detected. I took the test about two and a half or more weeks after sex. Does this sound like a shaving infection? Or HV2. What is weakly detected and can it be a false positive if it was an infection. She says she is clean and sticks to the story. I have to add while having sex she had a VERY strong smell of fish. Sorry to be crude just trying to be fully honest. THANK YOU.
Posted Mon, 25 Feb 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 11 minutes later
A weakly positive IgM test after an exposure is suggestive of an ongoing infection. If the blisters are persistent and are itchy t is best to start with the treatment for herpes right away.
You can get the IgM levels tested again after 2 weeks for confirmation. A false positive test is less likely.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Itchy bumps appeared. Tested weakly positive for IgM. Shaving infection? 18 minutes later
I will be getting a follow up test. Everything is already gone it was all cleared up within a week and a half 2 tops. The lymph node swelling was gone fully in less than a week. So you think from what the information says chances are that it ISINT an infection from shaving but HV2?
Also I had NO fever. When you say a false positive is less likely do you mean the SECOND test is less likely to be a false positive or the first one. Also CAN a infection from shaving even show up on the IGM test.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Thanks for writing again.
The chances are that the infection is from herpes and not from shaving.
An infection from shaving is not likely to show on IgM test.
The second test is not likely to be a false positive.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.