Had unprotected sex. Is there possibility of getting pregnant?

Question
we had unprotected sex on 3 sep and she missed her next periods which were to come on 30 sept. Taken mtp kit on 14 oct and then bleeding occured but there were no periods and then on 7 nov we had unprotected sex again. Is there possibility of getting pregnant? what should i do?
Posted Fri, 6 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 20 minutes later
pl do beta hcg ie blood pregnancy test and a Transvaginal ultrasound if beta hcg is positive. with the next periods switch to regular contraceptive pills. to avoid this kind of confusion. if pregnancy is seen see a local gynae to avoid further complications

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Is there possibility of getting pregnant? 44 minutes later
after how much time duration does periods come after taking mtp kit? she had periods 4 days ago but only for 2 days

Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 4 minutes later
this bleeding may or may not be periods as after I pill the cycles do get irregular. the failure rate varies between 42 to 22 percent . so it's better to be very careful . the chances of ectopic pregnancy are high on I pill . pl don't ignore the previous advise

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Is there possibility of getting pregnant? 5 minutes later
but she had bleeding last month after taking mtp kit and after that she had done pregnancy test which was negative.

Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 36 minutes later
if the preg test was done 3 weeks after I pill then it's ok otherwise it's better to repeat it. bleeding does not mean a failed pregnancy or no pregnancy . a lot of women continue to bleed in pregnancy