Had unprotected sex. Having spotting, bloating. Had abortion before. Pregnant?

Excellent
Question
I'm 39yrs old my period was on April 3 , i had sex the 11, 13 & 14 & 18 no protection i want to have a baby but on the 18 when i had sex i spotted for 2 day & I been feeling bloated ,i spotted today again but today is red had some clots . i had 2 abortions before. please whats going on and what are mu chances to get pregnant again. thank you.
Posted Thu, 16 May 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rishma Lakhani 18 minutes later

I would like to know if your periods are regular or not?

The spotting you got, might be due to ovulation,but not necessary.

I would like to know the details about the abortions:
1-At how many weeks were the previous two abortions?
2-What was your age at the time of abortion?
3-Were they painless or painful?
4-Do you have any investigations done for the abortions?

I would like to advice you to go for atleast ultrasonography of the pelvis to rule out ectopic pregnancy which might lead to spotting the way you have described.

I would like to review with the reports and the answers of the queries asked.

The chances of pregnancy are there, but due to the age little less than young females.

Don't worry,every thing would be fine.

Dr. Rishma Lakhani
MBBS,DGO.

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Having spotting, bloating. Had abortion before. Pregnant? 2 hours later
my periods are normal , my 2 abortion 're no painful, bad timing (very painful decision) they're 5 weeks. i was 39, i turn 40 on May. I did a pregnancy test came negative but i think i was too early , i dont know what to think please help.

Answered by Dr. Rishma Lakhani 12 hours later

Considering your age, I would like to advice you a few tests: CBC (complete Blood Count) with ESR, HbA1C, Thyroid function tests and an ultrasound of the pelvis.

For your husband, a semen analysis after 3 days of abstinence.

I would also like to know whether the previous abortions were spontaneous or induced abortions.

Don't worry, remain stress free and everything would be fine.

Dr, Rishma Lakhani
MBBS,DGO

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Having spotting, bloating. Had abortion before. Pregnant? 30 hours later
they were induced , in 1 week my period is suppose to come which i hope now , but i feel so bloated having a bit discharge with a bit of blood ( it's not an infection) & feeling like a have a bump in my belly , can a be a XXXXXXX of pregnancy HELP? hope so.. i 'll schedule an appointment with my ob Dr. thank you for your help!

Answered by Dr. Rishma Lakhani 3 hours later

The symptoms do not indicate pregnancy yet; I would advice you to wait for your natural periods, and if you miss one then go for a HPT.

You can offcource XXXXXXX your obstetrician for the further advice.

Dr. Rishma Lakhani
MBBS,DGO