Had unprotected sex. Having sore throat, fever and body pain. Chances of HIV?

Dermatologist
Question
I had an unprotected sexual relation with a women about 2 to 3 months ago. About 2 days ago I start with a very sore throat, 100 fever, headache and my body aching everywhere, i went to my primary doctor he prescribed me azytrhomicin (antibiotic) and tylenol for the pain. After my first day of taking medicine i noticed improvement sorethroat got better and no fever or headache, just some running mocus from the back of my throat. Also lately I been experiencing some breakouts on my skin not many but a few here and there on my back and chest. Im afraid that this can be HIV symptoms . Can you please help me out based on your experience as a Doctor.

Thanks

XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 7 Jan 2013 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 4 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Thanks for writing in.
The symptoms you are describing can be due to bacterial infection and not HIV.
Also I would like to know-
Have you undergone HIV testing?
Is there pain/itching in the skin lesions?
Do you have any oral or genital ulcer?
Is there fever/ swollen neck gland ?
Diarrhoea/ weight loss / cough?
Can you upload photos of the affected area?
Photos can help a lot in predicting the condition.

Answer the above questions and upload the photographs and we can continue the discussion here.

Dr XXXXXXX
MD dermatologist

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Having sore throat, fever and body pain. Chances of HIV? 35 hours later
Hello Doctor,

Thanks for getting back to me

Have you undergone HIV testing? NO

Is there pain/itching in the skin lesions? SOMETIMES

Do you have any oral or genital ulcer? NO

Is there fever/ swollen neck gland ? I JUST GOT FEVER ONE DAY ONLY AND SWOLLEN NECK GLAND SMALL ONE ON THE LEFT

Diarrhoea/ weight loss / cough? I HAVE DIARRHEA YESTERDAY AND TODAY ONLY ONCE A DAY - NO WEIGHT LOSS - COUGH A LITTLE ONLY

IM UPLOADING PICTURES

THANKS FOR YOUR PROFESSIONAL HELP :)

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 16 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Thanks for the details and images.
The skin rash is more or less a viral exanthem which has followed the infection you had.It is a flu like illness.
The symptoms do not appear to be due to HIV.
You can take tab.Zyrtec twice daily and apply calamine lotion over affected area.
It will help a lot.
Your symptoms no way indicate HIV or related illness.There is nothing to be worried about.
If you need any further clarification do let me know.

Regards.
Hope this helps.
DrSud