Had unprotected sex. Having burning sensation in penis. STD?

Question
Hi. I had unprotected sex about a month ago. Since then I have learned this girl is extremely permiscuous. I haven't had any problems at all, but I am a pretty big worrier. A few days ago, after reading some stuff about chlamydia, I started feeling like the opening to my penis may be slightly burning. It doesn't burn upon urination, there is no discharge, no lesions or any other symptom. But I do feel like the opening is a little irritated. The way my mind works, I now have every STD under the sun!!! I guess my question is, is it possible to have chlamydia or gonorrhea and the ONLY symptom be intermittent irritation of the urethral opening that is not affected by urination and no discharge present?
Posted Tue, 21 May 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
STD’s usually present with many symptoms chief ones being any discharge, burning sensation in urethra, redness, irritation, ulcer of sore, pain or blood during ejaculation, pain in the genitalia or early flu like symptoms.
Chlamydia and gonorrhoea may also be silent with no symptoms.
Occasional irritation of urethra one month after the encounter is not likely to be due to the infection since the window period of these infections is not more than 2 weeks.
You can get a screening test done only to relieve your anxiety.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.