Had unprotected sex. Have had fever, sore throat. Taken antibiotic. Can I have STD?

I had an unprotected sex with a married woman 5 months ago. she has a child. can I infected with STD? I am very afraid of that. Please help me. What should I do Now? Please Help Me.
On 04.05.13 i am get drunk in a bar taking chilled bear nad whisky with ice then I am back home and vomiting in the sleep and sleep into that mess. after that i am felling weak in the next day. and at evening i drink coldrinks and the next day i had sore throat and fever. at night the temperature 102 and abobe and next day it reuces into 100 and i take antibiotic and medicine for fever by my local doctor prescribed. today i am okay. i have no fever and no sore throat just sometimes cough. but i am feel little weak. Please tell me what should i do . is this fever related to hiv or any kind of std. Please Suggest me what should i do. The woman i had sex , she told me she is clean , But i am very afraid for having such disease. Please Help Me
Posted Tue, 28 May 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 14 minutes later
Hello dear,
Thanks for the query, STD symptoms aren't always obvious. If you think you have STD symptoms or have been exposed to an STD, see a doctor. Some STDs can be treated easily and eliminated, but others require more involved, long-term treatment. Kindly rule out if you have following symptoms, like
Painful urination, Lower abdominal pain, Discharge from the penis in men and Testicular pain. Some people develop a flu-like illness, usually two to six weeks after being infected.
Early HIV signs and symptoms may include:Fever, Headache,Sore throat, Swollen lymph glands,Rash,Fatigue. Hence I strongly recommend you to consult a sexual health specialist and rule out STD. Its better to confirm if you are not infected than to worry and take stress.
Hope I answered your question, Kindly reply me if you have any further queries or any comments. I will be very happy to help you.
Dr Arif N Khan