Had unprotected sex. Got fever, sore throat and body pain. Took ipill. Should I be concerned?

Question
I had unprotected sex with my fiance 4-5 times 2 days before. Now she is having health problems due to hormonal changes. She is having continuous fever, bad throat, body pain. I had twice (sex) last weekend also and then she took a I pill. Then their was not such problems, Now my question is 1. Should she have a I pill again within 72 hrs though i have been very alert and have ejaculated out, not inside her. 2. Her periods is due in next 3-4 days time, will she have a normal period. 3. What all side effects is expected and hw to cure these
Posted Mon, 8 Apr 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 36 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query on health .

Let me answer your query one by one.

1. Should she have a I pill again within 72 hrs though i have been very alert and have ejaculated out, not inside her. Yes she should take her i pill again.
within 72 hours. It is better if she takes as early as possible.

2. Her periods is due in next 3-4 days time, will she have a normal period. Her periods may be delayed by one week.

3. What all side effects is expected and hw to cure these . She may have excess cramps during her periods with heavy bleeding. Ask her to take tab. Pause MF one daily for 3 days for the same.

Hope this helps.
Feel free to ask if you have more doubts. I will be happy to help.
regards,
Dr Nilofer

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Got fever, sore throat and body pain. Took ipill. Should I be concerned? 5 minutes later
When should she take pause MF, now or at the time of periods ? should she take medication for fever, illness and all. Her family doctor have given some medicines for the same. Hope I pill may not worsen her health, should we go for a check up ?

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 1 hour later
Hello XXXXXXX
Thanks for the reply.

1. When should she take pause MF, now or at the time of periods ? At the time of periods if it is associated with cramps and heavy bleeding.

2. should she take medication for fever, illness and all. Her family doctor have given some medicines for the same. Hope I pill may not worsen her health, Yes, she can take medications given by family physician. I pill will not affect her in any way.

3. should we go for a check up ? Right now there is no need for check up. Her fever will subside in 3-5 days. Be compassionate towards her.

I suggest you both to use contraceptive method instead of I-Pill in future.
This is to prevent unnecessary pregnancy and its complications.

Hope this helps. I will be glad to answer if you need further clarifications.

regards,
Dr Nilofer