Had unprotected sex. Found bump on labia. What are the chances of contracting HPV?

Hi there,

A couple months ago I received unprotected oral sex from a rather promiscuous woman (stupid I know). Since then, I've entered a new relationship, and have had unprotected sex with my new girlfriend. Yesterday she found a bump on her labia.

My new girlfriend has never been with anyone but me, and outside of the oral sex encounter, I have never slept with anyone either (hard to believe, I know, we lost our virginity to each other). So, my questions are:

- could I have contracted HPV from my oral sex encounter, and pass it to my new girlfriend causing her bump?

- if her bump is a wart, are genital warts always caused by HPV?

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 22 Aug 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 2 hours later

Answers to your questions
-Though chances are less you can acquire HPV infection through oral sex .
If she had warts in her oral cavity she can pass it to you.
Also if you have warts you can pass them on to your new girlfriend.

-Bump on on labia can be many things.
Also warts can be present on labia.
Genital warts can be caused different types of warts.HPV are DNA viruses. They can cause warts on genitals.

If you can send photos of the bump diagnosis can be confirmed.

If you have any further queries feel free to ask them.