Had unprotected sex. Feeling aches in neck, nasal drop and headache. Have chest pain and phlegm. Help?

Hi, I am sure you get an over worried individual who believes they may have come into contact with the HIV virus well I am one of them. About 10 days ago I came into contact with a woman who I wore no protection with. During intercourse she had mentioned how promiscuous she's been in her life. At that point I began getting very nervous. Within 1 week I felt aches in my neck which continues but has subsided somewhat. I have a nasal drip toward the back of my throat a little neck and lower head pain and slept a little longer than usual during the day on the 8th day and 9th day post possible exposure. I sweat at night, but Ido that quite a bit it is still a little scary. I also have these little white dots on the inside of my lip towards the corner perhaps granules. I have had no fever no rash but I am itching a little bit could be dew to getting my back shaved and some stomach pain and diarrhea, oh and some chest pain and coughing with some phlegm. I am thinking of getting a PCR test please help me thank you
Posted Wed, 24 Jul 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 6 days later
Thanks for writing in.
As you had exposure 10 days ago,its too early to have any symptoms.
After HIV exposure usually it takes atleast 3 weeks for seroconversion. After three weeks symptoms like fever ,skin rash, sore throat,muscle aches ,lymph node enlargement occur.
So at this stage there is unlikely that you have symptoms related to HIV.
Also PCR test is very reliable and confirmatory but it is better if taken at 28 days post exposure.
If the symptoms do not go away in day or two you should visit your primary physician for appropriate treatment and evaluation.
Hope this helps.
I will be available for follow up.
Dermatology, STD,HIV expert