Had unprotected sex. Experiencing tingling sensation on penis. What is the disease called?

Question
Having occasional tingling in tip of penis. Had brief unprotected sex 1 week ago, tingling began next day. Maybe have clear discharge but can't tell as I am uncircumcised and it looks just like it usually does after an erection and pre-ejaculate, which is to say a general wetness on the head of my penis
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 46 minutes later

Based on the description you provided I suspect you to have infection either due to fungal or bacterial etiology affecting the foreskin or glans.

The tingling sensation is probably due to the irritation of the lesions (mostly abrasion due to break in the continuity of the mucous membrane) by the salt content of the secretions coming out of the penis.

Do apply a broad spectrum topical antibiotic like Polysporin ointment twice daily for a week to get rid of the symptoms completely. If there is no response even after three days after application of the ointment then you may have to get examined by your treating doctor to know the exact cause and to be placed on right treatment.

Hope I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.