Had unprotected sex. Didn't ejaculated inside. Took ipill. Have stomach pain and delayed periods. Is it side effect?
User rating for this question
Hi Doctor, I am 28 years old and had unprotected sex with my fiance on 10th Nov. She is 22 years old and healthy. She has been getting her periods regularly before this. I didn't ejaculate inside her. And we were unable to have intercourse because it was first time for both of us. Fear of pregnancy, forced her to have an i-pill within 24 hours(on 11th nov). Her period was due on 15th nov. She is yet to get her periods and she's been having lower tummy pain for 2-3 days. We are really stressed. Is this the side effects of the pill? Can you suggest next steps. Thank you.
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: yes, it is side effect of the pill Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX I have read your query with diligence. Please relax; there is no need to be stressed. The tummy pain is due to the side effects of the pill. Your fiance can take simple analgesics like Tablet. Cyclopam for the pain, after food. Do nothing now, but wait for her periods to happen normally. She would get her periods within next few days. You should also be aware that Ipill changes the menstrual cycle dates i.e. it can either pre-pone or post pone the periods. I would suggest you to please wait and relax for a week more. Good luck!
People also viewed
- Why do i get indigestion after taking cerazette?
- What is a protein kidney stone
- Noticed brown spot on scrotum after protected intercourse reason
- No period and stomach pains
- Dark bleeding while on depo
- Drinking alcohol while on tri sprintec
- Anti dandruff shampoo which does not contain sodium chloride
- Nuvaring stuck inside
- Stomach pain heavy period
- Stomach pain before period
- Missed period stomach pain
- Have genetic strep b how long does norovirus last
- What are pros and cons of ipill
- Does kalms cause excessive urination in the night
- Stomach pain with period