Had unprotected sex. Diagnosed as yeast infection. Feeling dizzy. What are the chances of HIV?

Hi, i had a high risk encounter 3 months ago to what could be hiv. I had unprotected sex with a female. A couple days after said encounter i notice lines starting to appear on the head of my penis with redness and small little bumps covering most of the head of my penis, the bumps are flat for the most part unless i'm stimulated and the raise slightly. They dont hurt and they're not open sores. At the opening it was itching and seemed irratated the 1st couple weeks and has since stopped but the bumps ,redness and lines remain. Doc said it was aging and what she thought was yeast infection and gave me some cream. About a month after encounter i started getting really dizzy almost disorented along with achy legs and itchy and red eyes. A couple weeks after that i started to notice my throat getting sore and scratchy. The whole time i'm really feeling like something was wrong with me and started really stressing out. I have noticed my skin has changed as well , the pores on my face are visiable for the first time ever and the skin on my arms and leggs i can see pores where the hair goes into my skin(kinda like an orange skin) along with that i've been itching all over scalp, hands , legs, feet and face. Sometimes it feels like little pin pricks all over . My feet feel like there burning and they're red on the bottom. I also have these little red pen sized dot poping up on my body in random places. Its hard for me to focus just feel outta it mentally. I've been so terribley stressed out for the past yr or so and i started smoking cigs A LOT and i drink and excessive amount of 5hr energy shots. Last year i had blood work done and my thyroid levels came back high. So i guess what i'm asking is does what i decribe sound like i've just been infected with hiv or is it my thyroid? Or the mountain of i'm under along with smoking and energy drinks causing these issues? I just turned 30 and have never had a STD or haven't even been sick since i was a very small child. I took a blood test at my doc and she checked me out and said she thought just stressed and too much caffine and nicotine a long with a yeast infection. Is it harder to catch hiv from vaginal intercourse? It only lasted a moment before we stopped? Please help i'm really freaking out and really scared to get the results of my blood test back. I'm sorry , i wrote this in a hurry and prob have many errors in this. Thanks for your help. # scaredtoodeath
Posted Thu, 2 Aug 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
The symptoms you have described are likely to be related to thyroid disorder and anxiety rather than an HIV infection.
This can be categorized as minor exposure. But you should be careful in future with such encounters. Remember in future that after any type of high risk contact, clean the affected site with soap water and if there is major contact then post exposure prophylaxis should be started within 6 hours of exposure (you can visit an ART center/ your doctor for the prophylaxis).
Now that three months have passed since the exposure, you can get yourself screened for HIV to relieve your anxiety. You can opt for initial screening with an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) to detect antibodies to HIV-1 infection.
A fear of STD even before its confirmation is not necessary at this stage.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.