Had unprotected sex. Delayed periods. Taken MTProst kit. White discharge, bleeding. Is medicine working?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Question
Hello sir.

Can you please tell me?

Me and my girl friend have sex was 26/02/2013. But she is missing the date. {Her period date is 17/03/13to18}. That is the long time for her date. So this time her date is not coming in 17/03/2013to18... so she has a one month pregnant... But i was giving her mtprost kit in 20/03/2013 and last two tablets she eats in 21/03/2013. 11:45am but she eats the first one tablet 12pm than second two tablets 7pm. And after that almost moring time like 4o’clok so her inside come out white thing and some blood like one half spoon… and last two tablet she finish. On 11:45am…. So tell me sir if mtp kit is not working so what we do next. And if she have not a proper period after this kit use. So tale me both of things. my gifl frinend age is 23 and my 25
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Abortion and Stillbirth

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 20 minutes later
Hello Mr. XXXXXXX
thanks for your query.

As you have taken the MTP kit to abort, I would like to tell you it is a wrong move to do it without consulting a doctor first.

It is sad in our country that such kits and medicines are freely available from chemists without a proper prescription, but it is illegal and unethical.
In addition, for the patient, it is highly XXXXXXX , life threatening and risky.
I would have advised you not to take a single tablet without first consulting a Gynecologist.
You have taken great risk by doing so.
I will try to explain why this is so.

Firstly, the pregnancy has to be confirmed by a gynecologist, not just by a home urine pregnancy kit, as home tests are not always reliable.
Then the exact weeks and days of the pregnancy have to be confirmed, because beyond 49 days of pregnancy, there is a high likelihood that the medical abortion pills will not work.
Thirdly, it has to be confirmed that the pregnancy is intra uterine, that is not outside the uterus. If it is an ectopic pregnancy ( pregnancy outside the uterus ), the results of taking such tablets randomly can be life threatening.
Fourth, the exact dosage and schedule has to be explained to you by a gynecologist, because even if you make a single mistake in taking the pills, the abortion would not be successful.
Fifth, after taking the pills, you need to have a follow up visit with your gynecologist, so that she can confirm that the abortion is complete, and the uterus is empty. Otherwise you have chances of incomplete abortion and the dead tissue being retained inside the uterus, leading to severe infection and other complications.
Sixth, anytime after taking the pills, you would have heavy bleeding and cramps with passage of tissues. In some patients the bleeding can be severe and you would require emergency hospital care, which is possible if you have already consulted a reputed gynecologist.

I hope I have given you enough reasons to understand the importance of consulting a Doctor before taking those pills.

Right now, please consult a Gynecologist at the earliest.
Please check if the abortion is complete.
If not, she would require surgical abortion or D and C.

Take care, and feel free to ask further questions.

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Delayed periods. Taken MTProst kit. White discharge, bleeding. Is medicine working? 10 minutes later
but mam main usko Dr. k pass nahe ley ja sakta hoon pls aap he koi rasta bata do pls?

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 minutes later
Hello
kindly understand that her life is at stake here.
I need to examine her and conduct an ultrasound to help you, which I cannot do on the internet.
Please consult a Gynecologist at the earliest.

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Delayed periods. Taken MTProst kit. White discharge, bleeding. Is medicine working? 5 minutes later
ok mam . but one thing k usko one month ho gaya hai. can you pls tell me k baby banne m kitna time lagta hai... pls if you dont mind

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 minute later
Normally ovulation occurs on day 14 of the cycle.
That is when fertilization occurs.
For exactly knowing how many days old the pregnancy is, you have to undergo an ultrasound.

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Delayed periods. Taken MTProst kit. White discharge, bleeding. Is medicine working? 20 minutes later
but mam hamko to sirf 24days he huaa hai........... or stp kit kaam to karega na.... kiu ki hamko 24days he to huaa hai?

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 14 minutes later
I repeat myself
I cannot give an opinion without seeing her and doing an ultrasound and examination.
Please understand this fact.

ok mam main unko Dr. k pass ley k jata hu kal morning main.. par mam agey k liye koi safe things bata dijiye ... ki in further koi XXXXXXX galti na ho pls mam?

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 12 minutes later
You can choose from a variety of options, XXXXXXX
Condoms are safe against pregnancy and for protecting against sexually transmitted diseases.
Oral contraceptive pills can be taken.
These two are safer options if you are unmarried as of yet.

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Delayed periods. Taken MTProst kit. White discharge, bleeding. Is medicine working? 9 minutes later
ok mam....last qustion. Operation ki to jarorrat to nahi paddegi na 24days he to hua hai? or darrneki to koi baat nahi hai? agrr mam spt kit say uski date aa jati hai to. Dr. k pass XXXXXXX jarurri hoga kiya. ghar m he test XXXXXXX k nahi dekh sakty kiya?

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 4 minutes later
You cannot treat this at home.
You have to consult a doctor, that is the safest and only option for her.
Rarely if medical pills fail, surgical abortion is required.
That is why I am asking you to see a doctor.