Had unprotected sex. Blood test done. What test should be done to detect HIV?

May 2013
The last time i had sex the condom broke and i am worried i have an std. 1 month after the sexual encounter i got a blood test to see if i have mono and i did. Would the blood test they did tell them if i had hiv or anything or should i get tested.
Posted Fri, 10 May 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 28 minutes later

If you mentioned that you want to be tested for HIV or any others infections, they will do all the mentioned investigations.
As you consulted them voluntarily, they will possibly inform you if there is any abnormality in the blood tests.
If you didn't mention that particular test in your requisition form, then they may not do it.
And you may have to go for that investigation separately.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.