Had unprotected sex. Applied alcohol to clean pubic area. Got diarrhea. Chances of getting HIV?

Dear Dr.

I had sex with a prostitute a month ago. it was my first time having sex ever. i used a latex condom. she started the act by licking on my nipple area and stroking my penis. and then when i was aroused she put the condom on and gave me oral. then i entered her vagina. it was brief, i awkwardly tried a few different positions. then i gave up. i could hardly feel anything and i didnt ejaculate. after that i put two fingers in her vagina for a few seconds to see what it felt like. then i took them out. then minutes later i removed the condom and used the same hand to stimulate my penis to ejaculation while she continued licking my nipple. after i came she dabbed a cotton ball with some rubbing alcohol and wiped my penis off with it. a day or two after i started worrying about whether i could have potentially given myself hiv by using the same hand i used to put fingers in her vagina, and touching my bare penis. then while i was worrying i started having diarrhea. i dont know if its something i ate or im experiencing hiv side effects. i took some pepto bismol and it subsided. then two weeks later i was exposed to a co worker who had the flu. then days after i caught the flu. it came on suddenly. i woke up with aches, tiredness, and diarrhea again. the day after i felt better. im confused. i dont know if i was having symptoms of hiv or if its just the flu. could you please tell me what are my chances of having hiv? im paranoid at this point. im researching hiv cures and eating salads and drinking lemon juice. today will make a little over 4 weeks since i had sex. i would also like to know if its too early to get tested. if i get tested now can i count on the results to be accurate? i need some peace of mind. thank you.
Posted Tue, 19 Feb 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 2 hours later
Thanks for your query. I understand the emotional turmoil that you are undergoing. My first advise would be you should stop panicking. I agree what you did has the potential to contract HIV virus. Neverthless, you would have to remember that it requires more than 3 month window period for the virus to activate, develop into full blown AIDS and manifest with the symptoms you are describing. I would suggest you go for HIV testing but not now 2 months later considering the window period of virus to show positive result. The chances you have contracted the virus is minimal since you did not exactly have an unprotected intercourse and you also cleansed with spirit. Relax yourself. Wish you good health. Do clarify anything else you may want to.
Dr Sundar
Specialist-Psychosexual disorders
Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Applied alcohol to clean pubic area. Got diarrhea. Chances of getting HIV? 12 hours later
thanks. i would also like to know. can i get hiv if someone infected licks on my skin? how long can the virus survive once outside the body? and could i have contracted chlamydia from the activity i described.
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 23 minutes later
Yes you can contract the virus provided there is a lesion in skin. It cannot penetrate intact skin. The virus cannot survive outside your body more than a few minutes. Chlamydia virus cannot be contracted by what you had explained. Hope that clears your doubt.
Dr Sundar