Had unprotected oral sex with another male and now top of penis is sensitive and hurts. Cause?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
Hi there, I had unprotected oral sex with another male last week and a couple days ago, and for the last two days the top of penis has been very sensitive. It hurts like a little needle sticking into it
Posted Mon, 2 Sep 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get tested for STDs.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Last week You had a unprotected sex with your male friend. You have not mentioned whether it was a oral sex or anal sex.
Assuming that it was anal sex possibility of acquiring STD or Herpes can not be ruled out.
Please get basic test for STD and Screening for HIV done to rule out the same.

In the mean while Please take broad spectrum antibiotics along with anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily and topical antibiotic ointment for local application over glans penis.

Please consult qualified dermatologist or Urologist for further treatment.

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks and regard
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Had unprotected oral sex with another male and now top of penis is sensitive and hurts. Cause? 22 minutes later
Hi there, it was oral sex. I have no discharge or pain when urinating, however there is a general feeling of discomfort, no redness

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It doesn't look concerning

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up.

Since it was a oral sex you need not worry about acquiring HIV or STD.it. Your symptoms could be due to rough handling of your penis during oral sex.

Please follow the instructions I have suggested in my reply earlier. It will get resolved in 5-7 days.

Dr.Patil

Follow-up: Had unprotected oral sex with another male and now top of penis is sensitive and hurts. Cause? 6 hours later
Could it not be another std?

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Unlikely to be STD.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up.No it is unlikely to be STD. It will get resolved within a week.
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.