Had unprotected oral sex, had sore tongue. Lingual frenulum looks thicker with a white spot. Is it STD?

Hello I had unprotected oral sex 5 days ago...immediately after stopping the bottom of my tongue was sore, probably from stretching it too isn't as sore anymore but my lingual frenulum appears to look thicker, swollen if you will, and there is a white spot, it doesn't hurt but it seems to be the reason as to why it's swollen...the sore is painless and i can barely feel it when i feel it with my tongue...could it be an STD or just trauma from the oral as te bottom of my tongue rubbed against my teeth
Posted Mon, 27 May 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
I have seen the photographs attached. The swollen frenulum seems to be due to the trauma from the excessive stretching of the tongue. An STD is not likely.
The swelling is likely to subside with mild pain killers and anti inflammatory medicines. The white spot is likely to be an infected blocked gland. In case the pain is persistent then oral antibiotics may be needed to take care of the infection.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Had unprotected oral sex, had sore tongue. Lingual frenulum looks thicker with a white spot. Is it STD? 7 hours later
Thank you so much doctor!
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 hours later
Thank you.
I am glad I could help.
You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.
I wish you the very best in whatever you do.
Warm regards