Had unprotected oral sex and started having rash all over body. Suggest?

HIV AIDS Specialist
I had unprotected oral sex three weeks ago and two days ago i started having rashes all over my body and it is getting worse each day!!
Posted Mon, 21 Oct 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Rashes unlikely to be due to HIV/STD

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX

You had not mentioned whether you had an insertive oral sex or a recipient oral sex.
Oral sex carries very low risk for HIV/STD. Especially insertive oral sex has a lower risk than recipient oral sex
Even though certain STD like Gonococcal pharyngitis, syphilitic ulcer, Herpes are likely to occur but rarely.
Rashes following oral sex that too, within 1-3 weeks are unlikely to be due to HIV/AIDS.
Earliest manifestation in HIV can occur after 4 weeks of high risk activity and a syphilitic rash can occur after 6 weeks of high risk exposure.
So your rashes may be due to causes other than HIV/STD.
Consult a Dermatologist. He/she will be able guide you for further investigations and treatment.
Wish you a speedy recovery.
Dr S.Murugan
Follow-up: Had unprotected oral sex and started having rash all over body. Suggest? 4 hours later
Thank you Doc for your response!

to mention, i was the one receiving oral. Tomorrow i have an appointment for an STD test that includes : Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Hepatitis B & C, Herpes 1 & 2, HIV, and Syphilis. Are those tests all is needed to be sure, or am i missing some. Also is 3 week post exposure enough time to get an accurate result for the test.
It's just that i am really nervous and stressed out. I will be seeing a Dermatologist as you suggested too.

Again, Thank you for your time!
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Tests enumerated are sufficient.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
These tests are well sufficient.

But I felt 3 weeks time is a bit earlier to test for these diseases except Gonorrhea and Herpes. Others will take not less than 4 weeks to get a conclusive report. Syphilis may take 4-6 weeks to form antibodies. HIV needs special tests that could give early results by 3-4 weeks, not the routine antibody test. I hope that your physician will be able to guide you better in these regards.
Nothing to worry. You will get negative result in all these tests as oral sex carries less risk ans as there is no STD manifestations so far.
Dr S.Murugan