Had unprotected oral sex and protected vaginal sex. Had ulcer, lips feel dry and burn, sore throat and itching in rectum. Risk of HIV?

Question
I'm a 30 yr male who has only had 2 sexual partners in his entire life life. Long story short i received unprotected oral sex, than had protected vaginal sex. The following day I felt like I was very itchy, but I also got a really good XXXXXXX because I was in Miami, so didn't think anything of it... here are the details On XXXXXXX 6th I had my exposure XXXXXXX 20th get diarrhea for about 5-6 days.
XXXXXXX 23 get an ulcer in my mouth disappears in 1day XXXXXXX 24-30 lips burn, feel dry and I constantly apply chap stick XXXXXXX 25th my taste buds look are red (inflamed, and are still inflamed today) for the 1st time ever
XXXXXXX 26th I get what looks like a tiny cut on the side of my tongue.
Jun 28th see a dermatologist and he says all looks good provides tablets that dissolve in my mouth, it does not help.
July 1 my rectum itches 4 a few weeks
July 10th I get a sore throat last about 8 days, but i also have allergies and when I used Claritin D the symptom would go away for 12 hours so.
July 16th I get a really sweaty while going to bed, but I also sprain my ankle about 2 hour prior to bed, so it could be related to that pain.
July 16th I get a few white dots on my tongue in the front that only hurt when touched
I think I might have contracted the HIV virus and I'm freaking the Eff out. Help!!!!!!
Posted Thu, 8 Aug 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 8 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX

Thanks for your concerns. I agree that you should be tested for sexually transmitted diseases in a systematic way, we usually include HIV, syphilis, chlamydia, gonorrhea and herpes in the blood work; all in all, the probabilities of contracting HIV by receiving oral sex with a single encounter are quite low; nevertheless, if the HIV result is negative, it should be repeated in 6 months to ensure a completely negative result.

Best regards,

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN

Follow-up: Had unprotected oral sex and protected vaginal sex. Had ulcer, lips feel dry and burn, sore throat and itching in rectum. Risk of HIV? 2 minutes later
I had a mouth swab, and it was negative for gonorrhea and clamidiya.. Obviously, I know I need to get tested, I was hoping you would expand on my symptoms what you might think it is.

Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 5 minutes later
They are quite non-specific and that is why you need objective testing. One of the issues is that as anxiety builds up, you may have more abnormal sensations in your body thay may not be related. Nevertheless:

1) Syphilis and herpes can both give ulcerative lesions, and you indeed report an ulcer

2) HIV, gonorrhea, syphilis and chlamydia can have sore throat as part of their manifestations

So, as you can see, these manifestations are protean and non-specific, they may as well NOT even be related to an STD! All in all, more lab testing should be the next step.

Yours truly