Had unprotected oral sex and protected vaginal sex. Had burning sensation in penis and breathing problem. HIV?

Dermatologist
Question
hi doctor i had unprotected oral sex with a prostitute for maybe 10 seconds, then i wear condom and ejaculated inside condom. And i didnt have anal and vaginal sex. This was 25 days before. I had a burning sensation fro 2 weeks after that inside my penis, but now i dont have any burning sensation. 2 days ago i start to feel that i want to make a deep breath every 5 minutes, i meaning that i feel like i have not enough oxygen. Sometimes i cant get deep breath and i get angry. My temperature is between 36.2-37.5 Celsius. Is that all is HIV symptoms? or i have breathing problems because i keep on getting nervous about hiv?
Posted Fri, 12 Jul 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 2 hours later
Hi
I understand your concern regarding your problem and I hope I will be able to help you in the same.

Now you had oral sex with a commercial worker about 25 days back.
First of all , I would like to make you aware that whether the exposure was for 10 seconds or more, the risk of transmission of various diseases remains the same.
This is just to make you more cautious in the future.

Now firstly, let me make you aware of certain facts.
The risk of HIV transmission from an infected partner through oral sex is much less than the risk of HIV transmission from anal or vaginal sex. But this does not mean that the risk is zero.
The risk of transmission via the mouth or throat is more likely if there is inflammation, or cuts or sores present in the oral cavity .

Now the symptoms that you are developing include shortness of breath.
I would relate this more with an anxious and apprehensive personality than with HIV.
Early symptoms of HIV infection include :
Fever
Chills
Rash
Night sweats
Muscle aches
Sore throat
Fatigue
Swollen lymph nodes
Ulcers in the mouth.
Your temperature is also more or less normal, so I can assure you that you symptoms at present do not seem to be those of early HIV infection.

But since you are very apprehensive about it and you did have exposure to a commercial sex worker, you can take HIV testing. It would include a baseline HIV ELISA test done immediately. A repeat HIV ELISA can then be taken up 3 months later.
Also it is important for you to know that there is always a risk of transmission of various other STD's. But since even after 25 days of exposure , you have not developed any external lesions over the genitals, so it almost rules out most of the STD's.
The burning sensation that you developed on micturition can just be a sign of mild urethritis in the form of urinary tract infection.

So I hope I have answered your query.
If there is any other query, please let me know.

Dr Geetika Paul.