Had unprotected oral sex and protected vaginal sex. Burning feeling in urethra and sore testicles

HIV AIDS Specialist
After I received unprotected oral sex and had protected vaginal sex I began to develope some problems. Within a few days a had a burning feeling in urethra,sore testicles and a couple marks on my penis. The marks are about 1/8 of an inch across and are oval. They are barely noticeable only slightly darker than the surrounding skin but are ever so slightly indented. Unfortunately I am not sure if they appeared after this incident. I went to see my GP around week two after the incident. He dismissed the marks but gave me 1000mg of azithromycin also he collected a urine sample to test for chlymedia and I think for a uti. Results were neg. A week later symptoms did not improve if anything got worse. Also my eyes began to irritate and headaches developed daily. My GP was on holidays so I went to the walk in clinic at my health centre. The doctor who saw me said the spots on my penis were probably nothing and prescibed 10 days of ciprofloxacin. Two weeks later no relief, I made an appointment with my GP. This time he attributed my symptoms to anxiety and prescibed me some sleeping pills. He did agree to test for syphilis at my request. Test turned up negative. AfterTwo more weeks of pain and suffering I developed a sore right testicle with a lump on the front top. I went back to my GP and he set up an appointment with a urologist and an ultrasound. The urologist has no real interest in my symptoms and says there was some swelling of the epididymis . Basically says its some kind of infection and decides to put me on ciprofloxacin for six weeks. He says if I'm not better in six weeks to come back. Current symptoms after 10weeks and 16 days of ciprofloxacin : 1-Sore right testicle 2-Frequent urination with little urine 3-Sore urethra especially when bladder feels full. Some relief after urination. 4-Feeling of urine trapped inside of urethra 5- burning and soreness in urethra and head of penis. 6-Occasional itching around groin area more that usual 7-Eyes are sore daily and seem to get worse as day progresses. Upper eyelids are swollen and have some spot on them that resemble freckles. 8-Sore wrists and knees 9- super sensitive head of penis Any ideas of what is going on? Do I require further std testing? Ciprofloxacin for six weeks? Should I have not seen a major improvement by now?if this was the appropriate antibiotic? Should I wait the full six weeks before returning to doctor? Do you think this is something that could be passed on to my partner? Thank you so much for your time
Posted Thu, 21 Nov 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 8 hours later
Brief Answer: Investigations with urine reveal your problem Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for posting your query. First of all, have they done a urine examination and is there any presence of pus cells or WBCs more than 5 to confirm that you have sexually transmitted urethritis. 1.Your symptoms suggest that you would be likely to have urethritis. As you had unprotected oral sex there are low risk for HIV/STD. 2.An yeast infection is also possible following oral sex and produce sensitiveness over the head of penis. 3.Azithromycin 1 gm is an ideal drug for STD urethritis but sometime there may a possibility of a resistant strain and a change antibiotic may be necessary and Ciprofloxacin is not a good choice. If there is presence of pus cells in urine you need further tests to confirm Chlamydia or Culture test for Gonorrhea. Then appropriate antibiotics to be chosen. 4.Sore and swelling over the scrotum is possible due to epididymitis as your urologist told. It may once again be due either to STD or Non-STD causes. 5.If it is due to STD cause it could be transmitted to your sex partner through sexual route. Dr S.Murugan
Follow-up: Had unprotected oral sex and protected vaginal sex. Burning feeling in urethra and sore testicles 14 minutes later
Could you please review the picture I uploaded and give me some insight into what could this be. Thank you so much for your time.
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: Not madeout from picture.Reiter's dis. is possible Detailed Answer: Hi, Excuse me, I am not able to appreciate any swelling in the picture you sent and sorry that I could not come to any conclusion with that picture. Your soreness of eyes and knees were unlikely to be related to this episode. Rarely a syndrome called Reiter's disease associated with Chlamydial urethritis with eye manifestation and arthritis is a possibilty. Dr S XXXXXXX
Follow-up: Had unprotected oral sex and protected vaginal sex. Burning feeling in urethra and sore testicles 1 hour later
Sorry for the misunderstanding the picture was of the spots on my penis not testicles. Here are some better ones. Once again thank you so much for your time. I also will send a picture of my eye
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Mildconjuctival congestion.Consult Ophthalmologist Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome back. I saw six pictures sent by you. All these exposing only eyes not the genitals. Your eye problem is not related directly to STD or any contamination. But could be an indirect reaction against some infection. An ophthalmologist is the correct person to tell the exact extent of an eye involvement. But it doesn't seem to be a serious one. Dr S.Murugan
Follow-up: Had unprotected oral sex and protected vaginal sex. Burning feeling in urethra and sore testicles 7 hours later
Sorry for my mistake in sending pictures I will try again please have a look. Thank you
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Possibility of genital Herpes lesion Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome once again I saw the picture sent by you. I can visualize only a redness in the penile lesion. Exact nature whether there are vesicles or sores not able to judge from the picture. You had unprotected oral sex with that lady. If this lesion is of short duration, that too after this episode, it could be a Herpes simplex lesion. Likely to heal after a week or two. If there is no vesicle or ulcer, only a color change then it could be due an insect bite or some other skin condition. There is no other possible STD. Consult a Dermato-venereologist or a Genito-urinary Physician, he/she will examine the lesion and with other investigations can treat you properly. Dr S.Murugan
Follow-up: Had unprotected oral sex and protected vaginal sex. Burning feeling in urethra and sore testicles 38 minutes later
Can u please elaborate on "no vesicles or ulcer". These two lession have been there for approximately two months which would or would not rule out herpes? Thank you, have been very helpfull
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Grouped tiny vesicles and ulcers heal spontaneouly Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome once again. In genital Herpes initially grouped vesicles (bump with clear fluid) appeared which within a day would rupture to give multiple grouped tiny ulcers (painful or painless). These ulcers will heal with or without treatment within a week or two. They used to recur with many after a month or two. There are two organism which can cause this Herpes infection (HSV 1 &2). HSV 2 is exclusively an STD organism whereas HSV1 can occur around mouth without sexual transmission and rarely transmitted to genitals through oral sex. Dr S.Murugan
Follow-up: Had unprotected oral sex and protected vaginal sex. Burning feeling in urethra and sore testicles 37 minutes later
If these lesions were herpes is it possible for them to be there without any change in appearance for this long?
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: Not possible to remain more than 2 weeks. Detailed Answer: Hi, Herpes can remain unhealed for months in a immuno-compromised individual like a HIV patients after 5-7 years duration. It will not persist for more than two weeks in a normal individual. Dr S.Murugan