Had unprotected oral sex and having brown rash underneath penis. Tiny blisters, painless and not itchy. Suggest a solution?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Dec 2012
Dec 2012

Question
I have a brown rash that is underneath my penis goes from gland all the way down to testicles. It's a long line going down not spreading maybe 1/2 cm Wide. its pink at glands and brown as it gets to testicles its a little raised but flat with no bumps. At the glands it looked like it has microscopics blisters but cant really tell they dont appear to have fluid look more like dots when I estrech the skins but with out estraching it just looks like raised skin. Is painless and it doesn't itch. What can it be? I did have unprotected oral sex with an escort about 3 days before rash appeared
Posted Thu, 3 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It could be a harmless rash

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

When spots, lumps or rashes appear on the penis or scrotum, men may worry that they have a sexually transmitted disease, but in most cases the concerning spots are both common and harmless. The size, shape and color of the spot may help determine whether there is something to be concerned about.
If rashes appeared after unprotected sex, then we may be dealing with genital warts. I picture is worth a thousand words (so please do send me an attached photo of the lesion). From there, I would be able to tell precisely what that rash might be.

Hope this helps and wish you the best
Dr. Nsah

Follow-up: Had unprotected oral sex and having brown rash underneath penis. Tiny blisters, painless and not itchy. Suggest a solution? 6 hours later
I just did not sure what it could be but am super afraid I have read herpes can show up with out any pain am afraid that what I got. Rash appeared 5 days ago and pink area has been around at least since maybe more. The dots are minuscule you really can't see them unless I use a lens to enlarge the area. Also, have to say have not had any itching and again on line it says heroes can be atypical. Just very confused

Brief Answer:
probably just a harmless rash

Detailed Answer:
Most rashes that appear as you describe are harmless and herpes does not appear as such. Thosr rashes might have been theree even before your encounter. You only probably took note because of the unprotected sexual wncounter amd guilt drove you to examine. Most of my patients that present with those kind of rashes always endup admitted they were not sure whether the rashes are there or not. But if you are certain that they onlye after then it is possible that the oral enxointer my have transmitted aome kind of microbe. I suggest you see a doctor to have a look. In mu opinion it is something harmless.

Hope this helps and wish you the best.
Dr. Nsah

Follow-up: Had unprotected oral sex and having brown rash underneath penis. Tiny blisters, painless and not itchy. Suggest a solution? 2 minutes later
Where you able to see the pictures? Did it look like herpes outbreak? Thanks

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 2 days later
Brief Answer:
It is certainly not herpes

Detailed Answer:
Seems like harmless rashes to me. Just give it a couple of days to see if any changes. You can apply topical steroid cream such as hydrocortisone until rashes clear off.

Dr. Nsah

Follow-up: Had unprotected oral sex and having brown rash underneath penis. Tiny blisters, painless and not itchy. Suggest a solution? 7 minutes later
Thank you doctor I have been worried sick. Do you think frequent urination might be related? Or just nerves?

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
frequent urinary might be a symptom of infection

Detailed Answer:
Frequent urination might be a symptom of STD related, then it is possible that frequent urination is also related to the rashes.
I suggest since you had unprotected sex, it will be best to get screened for STD (just in case). Be rest assured that most STDs are curable if discovered early enough.

Hope this helps

Dr. Nsah

Follow-up: Had unprotected oral sex and having brown rash underneath penis. Tiny blisters, painless and not itchy. Suggest a solution? 11 minutes later
So am a little confused. You said rash not herpes but still could be std related? What std from oral sex can cause such rash in 3 days if not herpes?

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I didn't say it was STD

Detailed Answer:

You are reading me totally wrong here. I did not say it is STD, I said, since you had unprotected sex, it is wise to rule out other STDs (by doing some specific test), not necessarily related to the rashes. I have looked at the images you attached, those rashes do not look like herpes or any known STD but are simply penile papules wish are totally harmless.

REgards
Dr. Nsah

Follow-up: Had unprotected oral sex and having brown rash underneath penis. Tiny blisters, painless and not itchy. Suggest a solution? 1 minute later
I see thanks again ill have it checked

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
your welcome

Detailed Answer:
Hope I was able to help you.
Dr. Nsah

You were thanks

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Thank you too

Detailed Answer:
Your welcome