Had unprotected oral sex. When should I get tested for STD in throat?

I went to the doctors today to be tested for std its only been 2 days shy of three weeks since I had unprotected oral sex so my question is, if I have any std's in my throat will they show by now? and also if she only did blood test and a vaginal swap would that show for my throat also?
Posted Thu, 9 May 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 14 minutes later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
Yes if STD in the throat it would show by now if it is a disease with local manifestations like gonorrhoea, chancroid etc, but there are others like hepatitis B,C or HIV which take time to manifested and are tested in blood sample and take about 10weeks to be manifested.
The samples of Gram stain and cultures should be taken from Throat in your case and vaginal sample would not be helpful.
Blood tests for Syphilis, Hep. B/C, HIV is okay at appropriate timings.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!