Had unprotected oral sex. Red spots on wrist appeared. Should I be worried?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Hi i have a red spot on my wrist it is pinkish red and has appeard in the past for days. i am worried because i had a girl perform oral sex on me while on holiday and the spot appeared under a weak later.? should i be worried
Posted Thu, 30 Aug 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 6 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
The chances of there being a realtion between the two events is very less.
But to be on the safer side I would suggest that you take a full course comprising of tab norfloxacin and doxycycline for 10 days.
This will obviate the chance of developing Reiter's arthritis and even any sort of gonococcal infection. It would also be advisable to get all viral markers done after 6 weeks and then after 6 months.
I hope this answers your querry.
With regards