Had unprotected oral sex. Noticed small red bumps on inner thigh. Chances of STD?

About one week ago I was on a biz trip in NYC. I received unprotected oral sex one night. I freaked out and immediately after scrubbed immediately and excessively under hot water. The next day I had to run 25 blocks drenched in sweat in cotton briefs and tight jeans. About 3days later I woke up and noticed some redness with some small rashish bumps on my inner thighs as well as purplish scratches/bruising. The redness has for the most part gone away but the slightly purplish streaks are sill does have a slight itch but other than that no new symptoms. Obviously there are a myriad of contributing factors but I am mostly freaking out that I have caught herpes or the like. Please help as I am desperate and it is to early to detect HSV.
Posted Sat, 27 Oct 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
I have seen the images attached to the query. The lesions do not seem to be due to herpes or any other STDs. It is more likely to be due to dermatitis which is likely to subside on taking general cleanliness measures and using a steroid based antiseptic cream on the area.
STD’s including Herpes,HIV etc usually present with many symptoms chief ones being lump,any discharge, burning sensation in urethra, redness, irritation, ulcer or sore, pain or blood during ejaculation, pain in the genitalia or early flu like symptoms.
In herpes, there is pain, redness with lot of itching. It generally presents with group of lesions, multiple in number. It is associated with fever, body pain as constitutional symptoms unlike yours which is just local.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.