Had unprotected oral sex. Have sore throat, rashes around chest, redness on cheek. Chances of HIV?

I recieved unprotected oral sex from a Polish female prostitute. It was brief (1 min) and i was not hard when she started. No sex, just received oral. I had a blood test at my local clinic 2 weeks and 5 days later, which i know is a bit early and all test came back negative. Have had a soar throat on and off and am still worried sick. I have been looking for rashes etc and keep thinking i have one around my chest but then its normal a few hours later, so maybe i'm just trying to see one. Also, have a slight redness on my right cheek but could this be stress as i have been so worried for 6 weeks now since this incident occurd. The prostiute didnt really have the best teath in the world nut i did not see any blood or cold soars etc. Can you tell my my chances of HIV please as i am still so worried. Trying to get my courage up to go to a quick testing centre
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 24 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

First thing is you do not know whether the prostitute is having HIV or not. Second is that she is a prostitute which means exposed to many partners and diseases. All this explains that you are at the risk of getting infection.

The protocol for screening is to be screened for all STDs and the protocol for HIV testing is to be tested at 4 weeks initially and then at 12 weeks, it is the time when most infections are detected and those reporting negative at 12 weeks are most likely to be infection free and then tested at 24th week. After this the report is confirmatory and final.
It is recommended to screen for all STDs in general and HIV as per protocol specifically.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask

Follow-up: Had unprotected oral sex. Have sore throat, rashes around chest, redness on cheek. Chances of HIV? 9 minutes later
I did not have any cuts etc on my penis, so could you be a bit more specific by explaining how she could pass on the virus from a very brief oral encoiunter. I have read so much on the web that says recieving oral is a very low risk and hope this is true.

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 19 minutes later
It is true that there is a low risk but there is risk. The virus is capable to be secreted in saliva and it does not require any cuts to enter the body but it gets adherent to the foreskin of the penis mostly. What i mean to say is not to panic you that you will have this infection. If I was at your place, I would never go to test for that because of the low risk but the fact is that low or high, the risk is there and to be on the safe side it is better to be screened which costs a much little than health.

Hope you got my answer, if you still have some query. feel free to ask