Had unprotected oral sex. Have burning sensation inside penis, diagnosed with chlamydia. Chances of HIV?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
Hello Doctor,
I had sex 18 days ago. And i m having 16 days already burning sensation inside my penis. I was diagnosed with chlamydia. I had unprotected oral sex only. The girl was giving me blowjob. I didnt had any other unprotected sex. And i did not ejaculated inside of her mouth. So my question is:
1. Now i was diagnosed with some std's, is that means i also get HIV from her.....?
2. Assuming she is HIV positive, am i likely now positive also?
3. I am really worried, the internet sites say that chlamydia cannot pass through oral sex, but i get it. So did i also get HIV from her???
4. Can hiv and chlamydia pass through oral sex?
Posted Fri, 5 Jul 2013 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Hello
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you had unprotected oral sex 2 weeks back and since then have burning sensation in penis.

Since you did not have vaginal sex possibility of Chlamydia is rare as it is not transmitted through oral sex..
Was your chlamydia confirmed by doing microscopic examination of urethral discharge.?

As regards your other queries i would state that
chances of getting HIV through oral sex can not be ruled out as it is known to get transmitted through saliva also.
Please get your basic test for STD and screening test for HIV (Rapid detection test ) done and repeat it after 6 months to be rest assured about acquiring HIV.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.
Dr.Patil..