Had unprotected oral sex. Have burning sensation and rashes in penis. HIV?

Question
I had unprotected oral sex performed on me by a prostitute. Just an hour after the oral sex I saw slightly raised redness around the edge of my peehole. There is a small burning sensation when I touch it otherwise it dont feel anything.. Can this be herpes? Hiv symptoms? If not what do you think it might be? Please respond Asap as im really nervous. ( I have no open cuts on my penis and I am circumzied)
Thank you..
Posted Thu, 22 Aug 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 57 minutes later
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The slight raised redness just after an hour of having sex is likely to be due to a mild irritation or an inflammation in the area. This is not suggestive of any STD like Herpes or HIV. The symptoms of all these infections do not appear so fast.
A mild inflammation of the head of penis can be caused by a vigorous sex session. This is likely to subside on its own in next 2-3 days without any treatment.
If there is any pain during micturition, burning sensation, ulcer development or fever then you meed to consult your physician for a physical examination and further investigations.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Had unprotected oral sex. Have burning sensation and rashes in penis. HIV? 5 hours later
How long after the act would the symptoms show up for a any kind of STD at thee earliest? ...its been 4 days now since the the oral sex.. The raised redness has not subsided, yet it hasnt spread or grown. Should I be worried? (The raised redness is on one half of the lips of the peehole).

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 21 minutes later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The symptoms of STD may take 7-10 days to appear. The raised redness is likely to be due to a local minor inflammation. You can apply 1% hydrocortisone ointment locally for relief.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.

Follow-up: Had unprotected oral sex. Have burning sensation and rashes in penis. HIV? 16 hours later
It has been 5 days since the oral sex... I placed hydrocortizone today an there has been very little relif of the redness around the peehole. Is there anything I should be worried about. Has there ever been an STD case where the symptoms apeared just hours after the act? Please advise.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 14 minutes later
Please do not worry. The redness will gradually fade away. It is not likely to be an STD. Any such cases have not been reported in literature.
Regards.