Had unprotected oral sex. Had fever and muscle ache. HIV, hepatitis B C negative. Taken VSL3 and ofloxacin

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
1st Feb - i received unprotected oral from a sex worker in India and then protected vaginal sex for once.......that is the only incident
14th Feb - I had fever with muscle ache, continue 2 days 102 F...medicines taken....next 2 weeks no issue
15th Feb - HIV,Hepatistis B C negaitive
28th Feb - soar throat , white coated toungue (come and go) , severe dry cough, muscle pain,headache - vistit doctor : taken VSL3 and Ofloxacin & azythromycin for next 14 days
1st March- skin rash (bumpy, skin color and non itchy) on left chest for just 1 day and disappear
3rd March- again HIV and Hepatisis -ve (3rd generation DUO test - electrochemiluminiscene)
14th March- 9 brown moles(flat & deep brown) appears on hand and chest and they are still there now for more than 45 days
16 th March- Dirreah started...after taking ofloxacin and ornidazole again dirreah gone, but stopping medicine again suffering from dirreah ...it is now almost 45 days
1st April - 5th April - Penis discharge and groin pain for 3 days and gone
14th April - skin rashes like allergies and itchy coming again and disappear withinh 1-2 days
28 th April- Reccurance of Dirreah, white coated toungue, feeling that some thing stuck in toungue and acute knee joint pain
Posted Tue, 28 May 2013 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 3 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

Thanks for your posting your query.

You had your vaginal sex with total protection.
Oral sex carries a very low risk for HIV.

Moreover, your HIV DUO 3rd generation test is negative after 4 weeks of your risky exposure which has a very high reliability and more conclusive.
So there is no point in worrying about HIV.

Repeated diarrhea, sore throat, white coating of tongue, short duration of skin rashes and even penile discharge and groin pain are not necessarily related to HIV. They can occur very much in normal HIV uninfected people also.
So you consult your physician, he/she will be able to guide you better with further investigations and also for the treatment.
I feel that you are unlikely to have HIV.
Get well soon.
DR S XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Had unprotected oral sex. Had fever and muscle ache. HIV, hepatitis B C negative. Taken VSL3 and ofloxacin 1 hour later
Thank you doctor........can i now go to my family physician.....whom i can not tell the history , i can just describe my current health conditions

if you feel that i have STDs or may be hiv, i have to visit some one else without letting my family know.....

Please advise

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 12 hours later
Welcome back.

As your HIV DUO test is negative after 4 weeks, we can rule out the possibility of HIV in your case. But as you mentioned,penile discharge and groin pain, the possibility of STDs were not ruled out, even though an unprotected oral sex carries a very low chances for STD.

On this basis now you can select the choice of your physician.
Dr S. Murugan

Thank you doctor

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 31 minutes later
You are most welcome.
If you don't have any more questions you can close this conversation after rating the information you got.
DR S.Murugan