Had unprotected oral sex. HIV test came negative. What are my chances of getting HIV?

I received unprotected oral sex back in July 13 2013 I've been freaking out I got tested for HIV on august 10 that was a negative and I got tested again on September 26 2013 that was negative again.. am still paranoid I mite have caught HIV
Posted Sat, 9 Nov 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 9 days later
Brief Answer:
HIV infection is unlikely...

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your query I can understand your concern for HIV contraction but since you got two repeated tests negative there is a less possibility that you have contracted the disease . The assays used for testing HIV virus are extremely sensitive now a days and it is almost impossible to miss out on infection . They are able to detect infection in the window period even .

Plus since its been 3 months with two tests negative you are in a very safe place .

Hope this helps you .

Dr. Shruti