Had unprotected oral and anal intercourse. What are my chances of getting HIV?

HIV AIDS Specialist
I had three encounters with a woman that I do not know. She performed unprotected oral-anal sex (rimjob) on me. This is all we did and nothing else was done. What are my chances of getting HIV?
Posted Sat, 18 Aug 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 39 minutes later

Chances of getting HIV through oral and oro-anal contact are very, very meager.

Insertive sex in vagina and anus are more vulnerable for minute abrasions / sex trauma and exchange of infective fluids like semen / vaginal fluid / blood whereas it is negligible with oral and oro-anal contact.

If your sex partner has oral ulcer or gum infection the act may be infectious; but such a possibility is remote. I suggest you to practice protected contact during any sexual activity in the future and get tested for HIV after 12 weeks to allay any fears that you might have.

Hope this answers your query. If you have more doubts feel free to ask me.

Follow-up: Had unprotected oral and anal intercourse. What are my chances of getting HIV? 22 hours later
I recently also noticed some scratch-like possible rashes on my shoulders and down towards my biceps. Does that indicate anything?
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 4 hours later

Thanks again for posting the follow up query. I am happy to answer your doubt.

HIV infection manifest its symptoms only after 3-5 years or more - after the entry of organism, that is only after the considerable degree of fall in immunity or CD4 white cells. So skin manifestations in HIV will not occur so early.

Your scratch like lesions is possibly due to allergic urticaria rashes. They will disappear spontaneously or with some antihistamine drugs like Levocetrizine 5 mg tablets. Do you have pets? - If yes, that may be a reason for your skin lesions. If it persists then you could consult your dermatologist.

So you need not worry about HIV.

Hope I have answered your query and cleared your doubt.

Be cheerful and have a nice day.