Had unprotected intercourse during periods and bleeding stopped. Can I be pregnant?

i had an intercourse on the first day of my menstrual cycle, after that my bleeding stopped totally..i waited for few days but it didnt occur. its almost 7 days now. my husband didnt use any precaution during intercourse, but he didnt ejeculated inside. i am worried me...
Posted Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: Absolutely nothing to worry Detailed Answer: Hello dear Mrs. XXXXX, Thanks for the query. Please relax, you have nothing to worry about, you are not pregnant. If you had sexual intercourse on the day of your periods, I am quite sure you are not pregnant, it is simply not possible to conceive during your menstrual periods. For your information, I would like to explain this a bit. A menstrual period occurs only when the egg(ovum) has failed to be fertilized, and is no longer viable, so if you have been having regular periods before this, and you had starting of the menstrual flow this period too, then I don't think it is even remotely possible for you to conceive. That said, if you are still in doubt, you may do a home pregnancy test if you don't get your next period, that is after another three weeks. I sincerely hope I have addressed your query, you however are most welcome to ask me if you need any further information or clarifications. Wishing you good health. 'Warm regards,
Follow-up: Had unprotected intercourse during periods and bleeding stopped. Can I be pregnant? 8 minutes later
I'm curious to know that why the bleeding stopped after intercourse.. why it didn't continue further... is it normal or what
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: It may not have anything to do with intercourse. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXX, Thanks for writing back. It seems more like a co-incidence, generally intercourse has nothing to do with the menstrual flow. I feel you just had an unusually short period, this can happen once in while, so relax. I don;t think you need to worry about it at this time. Regards,