Had unprotected intercourse. What should I do to avoid pregnancy?

Hi, i m 24 years old guy yestrday i had sex 5 times out of them 3 were protcted but 2 times it wad not protected but at the time of ejacution i have taken out my penis ,now i m worry about pragnancy as we don't want any baby right now , please help me in this & suggest me how to avoid my gf to get pragnent ...
Posted Mon, 4 Mar 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 28 minutes later
Thanks for your query. If it is more than 72 hours after last intercourse, no medication/emergency contraceptive is available. However, if it is more than 4 -5 weeks after last intercourse you can do urine pregnancy test for your partner. If in between you have no option but to wait. The only thing that can be done is to do an uterine ultrasound for your partner if she is in this in between period. Hope you are clear now. Do clarify anything further you may want to.
Dr Sundar
Follow-up: Had unprotected intercourse. What should I do to avoid pregnancy? 25 hours later
Hello sir,
If it is abt to complete 72 hours then also she can take pill?which one would you prefer & will it be ok to take contraceptive pill ,will it harm her in future or will create any problem in future?
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 9 hours later
I understand your concern for your partner. You can in this case consider emergency contraception pill like I pill that contains high dosage of norgesterol hormone. Only a single tablet needs to be taken within 72 hours of the sexual act. side effects can include nausea delayed menses in the next cycle and abdominal discomfort. I would suggest you to consider condoms or regular low dosage contraception pills as measures for contraception from now on.
Follow-up: Had unprotected intercourse. What should I do to avoid pregnancy? 12 hours later
Last question because now it is more then 72 hours ,so we can't go for pills right?so now what should we can do now to avoid pragnancy if it happens & what are the chances of getting pragnent in my case,she is having bodyache from that day so is this an indication of pragnancy,as i mention earlier we can't think for a baby or can say we are not ready for it now that is why i am very tensed abt it & even i don' t know what to do ,
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 19 minutes later
Do not panic. Yes emergency pills can be taken within 72 hours only. I suggest you go for urine pregnancy test or ultrasound after 45 days. If positive, termination of pregnancy is possible easily at that point of time. The chances of becoming pregnant depends on whether the intercourse was during ovulation time. It is unlikely that she started developing body pain due to pregnancy within 3 days of conceiving. You can go for regular oral contraceptive pills from now on. There is no recommended intervention at this stage.
Dr Sundar