Had unprotected intercourse. What are the chances of getting STD?

Question
am 26 years old guy, 2 days before i had unprotected sex with my friend for first time even her first time too, did i will get std's. am going to get marry to some outer girl after 1 r 2 may be... please advise me
Posted Fri, 10 Aug 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 16 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Sexually transmitted Disease can't develop due to unprotected sex only, if your partner/friend is not suffering with it.

If it was her first time, she is not expected to be suffering with any STD.

For precaution you can get HIV tested after 3 months and meanwhile use condom with your wife.

With good wishes,

Follow-up: Had unprotected intercourse. What are the chances of getting STD? 24 hours later
am right now in Bangalore.. please advise the HIV test center in Bangalore.....
am going to get marry to some outer girl after 1 years r 2 years may be.. do i get std after i get sex my wife..

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 39 minutes later

Welcome again,

HIV test is available free of cost at all district level government hospitals.

It is also available at most of the private labs at cost.

You can contact one of the Super Religare Laboratory located at 47 Millers road, 65 1st Main Road Sheshadripuran, 154/9 Bennerghatta Road, 52 XXXXXXX Mansion 5th block Koramangala, 14 XXXXXXX road, 23-80 FEET ROAD GURUKRUPA LAYOUT OPP. FAB MALL NAGARBHAVI 2ND STAGE, 111 WEST OF CHORD ROAD OPP. RAJAJANAGAR I BLOCK, S1-S2 SPICE GARDEN COMPOUND AIRPORT WHITE FIELD ROAD MARATHALLI.

As HIV test can give false negative results during window period (3-6 months), you should get it tested after 3 months & again after 6 months.

In case you marry before test, use condom.

With good wishes,