Had unprotected intercourse. Took unwanted 72. What is the possibility of pregnancy?

Sir I and my girlfriend having sex today but that was not fully occurred just one or two time I pushing her and I drop all my spam in bed. After that feeling risk within one hour I gave her one unwanted 72. Now tell me, have there any possibility of her pregnancy?
Posted Sun, 5 Aug 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sourav Ganguly 29 minutes later

Thanks for your question.

For your information i like to tell you if penis tip just touches vagina then that is equal to intercourse and if after intercourse men withdraw his penis during ejaculation then there is also chance of pregnancy as before ejaculation there is another fluid come from penis which is called pre ejaculatory secretion and that is also contain sperm (though less in number).

But your wife already use emergency contraceptive unwanted 72 within 72 hours of intercourse.Remember no contraceptive or birth control pill give 100% protection against pregnancy but unwanted 72 gives almost 99% protection but your wife still have 1% chance of getting pregnant.

Remember few important point about unwanted 72.

1.If you got periods after taking unwanted 72, that means you are safe and no need to worry.

2.If you have taken unwanted 72 very close to the expected period date (i.e. around 2-3 days to 7 days before of your expected periods), then this can delay your periods. So nothing to worry if periods get delayed after taking unwanted 72 as in most cases it does delay if you have taken it very close to your expected period date. Wait for 10 to 15 days more and if still no periods come, get a home pregnancy kit and get a pregnancy test done at home.

3.In some cases side effects like irregular periods can occur. You should wait till the periods get normalized and it may take around 2 months for few. So don’t panic and visit a Gynecologist if possible for consultation.

4. In some cases, a minor spotting can occur which is different from the regular periods and people should not miscalculate spotting for periods. Spotting can occur between periods.

Would you like to know anything more?feel free to ask me.

Best Wishes,

Dr Sourav Ganguly
Follow-up: Had unprotected intercourse. Took unwanted 72. What is the possibility of pregnancy? 7 hours later
Sir, her period is next month 3rd. And this happen yesterday so within how many expected days we got the results? Though for the last 6 month she have the problem with her period and got a medicine to normalized it. I suggest her not to take the medicine next up to the period, am I do right? Or what can we have to do?
Answered by Dr. Sourav Ganguly 2 hours later

You just wait until 3 rd of the next month and if her period does not occur, then do a urine test for b-HCG immediately but before that, you need not do anything.

About stopping of drugs, please consult your physician about it. It is not advisable to make any changes in the medications without consulting your treating doctor.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be happy to help.

If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Wish you good health.

Dr Sourav Ganguly