Had unprotected intercourse. Took ipill. Will this help in preventing pregnancy?

hi,last night when i had sex with my fiancée his condom came out and unfortunately he released his sperm inside the vagina.we immediately went to buy a i-pil and i had two i-pil .plz suggest if this will help me to prevent from pregnancy 100%.Also after having sex I put my all fingers inside the vagina and cleaned all the sperm with liquid soap.
Posted Sat, 13 Oct 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 45 minutes later

Yes, taking I-pill would reduce the chances of pregnancy considerably.

Taking two pills was not necessary.This though serve the purpose of contraception but it can cause side effects due to high hormone levels in the blood.This would not be serious and for sure will wane off within few weeks.

If you are in first 10 or last 10 days of your menstrual cycle then the chances of pregnancy are much lesser.Cleaning the vaginal contents though is not an effective method but yes it can lessen the chance too.

Please do ask if any doubts.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Had unprotected intercourse. Took ipill. Will this help in preventing pregnancy? 5 minutes later
But if in case i get pregnant,then what are other measure of preventing it except abortion.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 47 minutes later

I-pill has dual functions.It prevents ovulation if there is no ovum released yet.In case if the ovum is released and pregnancy has resulted it prevents attachment of the embryo to the uterine wall causing simple abortion.

If the I-pill fail which is a rare instance then abortion with medication under a trained doctor is only best way to prevent pregnancy.

Wish you good health.