Had unprotected intercourse. Took ipill. What are the chances of getting pregnant and side effects of pill?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
My gf and i had oral sex and sperms came out amd was only on my hand after some time i inserted my finger in her vagina though it did not had absolute sperm, it was clean and dry can she get pregnant by that chance,to be sure i gaved her ipill within 3 hrs of that time, and we are very tensed please help us !! Will there be Any side effects of ipill as she is 20
Posted Wed, 24 Oct 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 16 minutes later

According to your description there is less possibility for pregnancy.
And also as she took i pill within 3 hours possibly it can give complete protection.
I pill can cause side effects like menstrual irregularities, bloating sensation of the abdomen, breast tenderness etc.
It can alter the menstrual cycle depending on the period of the menstrual cycle when she took it.
For more details:http://srsree.blogspot.in/2012/08/emergency-contraceptive-pill-short-term.html
Better to avoid frequent use of emergency pills and choose some regular method.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Had unprotected intercourse. Took ipill. What are the chances of getting pregnant and side effects of pill? 2 hours later
What is menstrual cycle , and all that u said ?at the time period that para"
Will her periods arrives on time as previos ones just left by 26th sept and yesterday all this happened ,will the next periods arrives on time, and should we get a pregnAncy test to be satisffied but as your it is complete security and there are very less chances of pregnancy . And on the side effects 24hrs have passed and there are no side effects yet . Till what time the side effects should be expected ?

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 5 hours later

Menstrual cycle is the monthly cycle during which menstruation and regeneration of endometrium etc occurs.
In case of 28 days cycle first 14 days will be follicular phase and next 14 days are luteal phase.
As according to her periods your girl friend took the i pill in the first half of the cycle, so there is possibility for preponement of periods.
Pregnancy test kit cannot detect pregnancy this much early.
Possibly she will get her periods soon, if not wait till her expected date of periods and if she miss the date go for blood test for pregnancy which will rule out the possibility.
Side effects may not be seen in all the women, so don't worry about it.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.