Had unprotected intercourse. Took ipill. Missing periods. What are the risks?

May 2013
my girlfriend and i had foreplay with protection. but while we were rubbing our organs with each other, the condom slipped and touched the opening of vagina for couple of times. we are worried if she is pregnent due to precum.

this was done on 5th afternoon. on 8th she was suppose to have her period which failed to occur. so on 10th morning she consumed a ipill as i learnt that within 120 days there are chances of ipill to work.

now after 6 days also she has not got her period. she some times feel some stomach pain but no sign of period. we are very tensed. please advise us what to do. what are her chances of getting pregnent as it is 14th and she is delayed by 6 days? what precautions can we take now and within what time?

we are in a great mess. please reply.
Posted Thu, 4 Oct 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 3 hours later

If she had regular periods previously it is unusual to have ovulation 3 days before periods.
So the chances of pregnancy are less.
The length of menstrual cycle can vary to some extent usually it can come few days early or late.
Many factors like stress, hormonal fluctuations can influence the cycle length.
That may be responsible for delay till 10th.
The emergency pill can alter the menstrual cycle, as she took the pill on 10th means in the second half of the cycle it might have further delayed her periods.
For more details:
So possibly in next one week to ten days she can get periods.
If she doesn't get periods even after two weeks better to go for pregnancy test once to rule out the possibility, but don't worry the chance is very less.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.